Ads Top

Reasons To Choose Vythiri Resort For A Weekend Getaway To Wayanad

A long weekend was on the way and I was already in search for the nearby places that can help me to relax and breathe in the fresh mountain air. I picked Wayanad and as I had 3 days with me, I wanted to devote one day relaxing and doing absolutely nothing in a resort, situated little far from the main town, close to the nature. After all the research, I booked Vythiri Resort and I am glad I did that.

ABOUT THE RESORT

The way to reach the resort itself was serene and full of a great variety of flora and mighty trees. The narrow passage to the resort was flanked by the lush green moisture-laden branches hanging all the way along forming a canopy and appeared heavenly. The continuous chattering of crickets and other jungle melodies that went strong by every passing mile refreshed us. It was a great, close to an hour ride to the resort and I enjoyed every bit of it.

The Resort's Entrance

Vythiri resort is a hidden treasure amidst the dense tropical rain-forest. It is a beautiful property spread in 150 acres of land, surrounded by abundant greenery and the majestic views of the Wayanad hills. They have an elegant reception, which is connected to the dining area by a huge swinging wooden rope bridge enclosed by the bamboo trees, lush green forest and a beautiful water stream underneath, that flows into the wild woodland. You need to be there once to experience the peace this beautiful rain-forest resort offers.

The Wooden Rope Bridge

ACCOMMODATION

The accommodation includes luxury tree houses and other wooden villas of different categories, equipped with all the modern amenities. The tree house is the highlight of my trip. They are situated at some distance with each other to give all the personal space and privacy you need. It looks like you are living on the top of a jungle with monkeys and birds as your neighbors. 

The Tree House
The other place where I stayed in was a stunning pool villa, which had a huge balcony overlooking the water stream and a plunge pool that made my stay perfect.

Pool Villa's Room

The Plunge Pool
THINGS I LOVED THE MOST


  • The interior of the tree house is what I fell for.  It is luxurious but still gives a real feel of living on a tree. The balcony area gives a wonderful view of the entire rainforest. I loved sitting there for long hours, watching the birds like a bird, resting on her nest.
Entering into my tree house

Tree House Room

  • The Wooden cottage I stayed in had a beautiful veranda overlooking the water stream. I sat there with my cup of coffee and enjoyed the evening drizzle. It was magical!
  • The whole experience of staying in Vythri resort makes you feel like you are sleeping in a jungle. The endless jungle sounds, the chirping of birds, the ever-lasting sound of the rushing water-stream, spotting beautiful butterflies and monkeys jumping branches to branches. There is a real buzz about this stunning place.
T
Water Stream Inside The Resort
  • Food had variety and was really delicious, especially the chef’s special Veg Jalfrezi that I ordered to celebrate my day.
  • The spa center of this resort is a wonderful experience you should never miss. It is neat and clean and offers a variety of Ayurveda treatments you can indulge in. 
  • The early morning nature walks were blissful. Morning is the time when the jungle is most lively and a walk at this time is completely thrilling.
Exploring The Resort's Campus
If you are longing to spend a peaceful vacation in nature’s lap, seeking for a hideout far from the hustle bustle of the city, in a jungle surrounded by noise that just soothes, and wants to sleep in a tree house listening to nothing but the sound of the jungle, Vythiri Resort is the place for you my friend! Enjoy your stay!

These Pretty Villas Are Waiting For You
HOW TO GET THERE

The resort is approximately 270 Kilometers from Bangalore and takes 6 hours by car. The nearest airport is Calicut.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.