Ads Top

Be Your Own Motivation !

Last few weeks passed by in a hospital where I was assisting one of my family members for a treatment. I hate going to hospitals and running around for getting done the paper work more than anything else. I had to wait outside the physiotherapy department for almost two hours and while waiting I observed many patients, their families and definitely the doctors. What I learned from my observation changed a lot of misconceptions that I had believed in from a long time.

When my family member met with an accident, every day since then was a bit traumatic for all of us. Getting the appointments from doctors, seeking for a second opinion from another doctor, shuffling from one hospital to another and motivating each other became a routine. I and my family were living with the feeling that this is the worst time of our lives and may god, not let anyone, not even our enemies if any, to go through this hell of a situation. And the treatment continued finally in one selected hospital.

I was sitting outside the room where my family member was getting some Physiotherapy session and was looking at one of cabins in front of me that had some collection of trophies and medals. I heard someone screaming and saw a nurse helping a kid of around 7-8 years old with some exercises. I was shocked when I observed the kid. He had no legs. His parents continuously encouraged him to follow what the nurse says. I don’t know what happened to me that dragged me to the parents to ask what happened. The mother told me about the accident and how he lost his both the legs. I was shattered to hear that. He is just a kid. But then, I looked around and saw so many patients of different age groups engaged in some or the other Physiotherapy exercises. 

A young lady who smiled at me was wearing a support belt around the stomach and was in a wheel chair with both the legs wrapped up in white. Another girl who was enjoying a game, apparently an exercise where the doctors pass the ball to the patient and vice versa. I don’t know what exactly the problem with her, but she was not able to walk or move her neck at all. Everyone in that room has got a problem to deal with, yet most of them were calm and looked happy. I was the one who was worried sitting outside and this observation left me with a shocking feeling. I chatted with some of the families who were also waiting outside with me. Their stories were painful, but everyone was concluding the story with one line.. “ab jo hua so hua. Isi ke sath jeena hai to khush hoke hi jee lo”.




The entire week I met many similar cases, talked to many people and realized that there is no one but you, who can make any situation; good or bad, pass by with courage and self-motivation. The future is very much unpredictable and no one knows what it holds for us. When bad times come, the only cure is the inner strength and courage with which one can motivate self as well as the people around.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.